Are you fishing for brand ambassadors or do they willing jump in your net? A brand ambassador is a valuable asset. Realizing their importance is a step in the right direction. But how do you entice them to stand up on your behalf?
You can’t force the relationship. Here are 5 questions to consider if you want to reel that potential ambassador in to join forces with your brand.
1. Who is a brand ambassador?
- An ambassador should be a customer and fan.
- They are knowledgeable about your brand products and services.
- They are enthusiastic and social; filling the role of cheerleader for your brand.
- Above all, they are loyal to your brand.
2. What motivates someone to be an ambassador?
- A good brand product or service they can stand behind.
- Benefits or compensation from the brand for their help.
- The status the position gives them.
- The opportunity to positively affect the brand.
3. Why is an ambassador for your brand important?
- They call positive attention to your brand.
- As a person, they will be trusted more quickly.
- They can perform customer service on your behalf.
- They can help build a community around your brand.
4. What are your brand’s expectations?
- They will promote your brand.
- They will lead other customers to you.
- They will help build a positive reputation for your brand.
- They will be dedicated and loyal to your brand.
5. How do you keep your ambassador happy?
- Appreciation for what they do. Highlight them on your sites.
- Let them know how they’re making a difference.
- Rewards or compensation, including invites to events.
- Compliments and gratitude. Show them you value them.
Once you know the answers to these questions you should be ready to “catch and release” your brand ambassador to speak and act on your behalf.
Are you a brand or an ambassador? We’d love to hear your perspective.
(photo credit: Kelly Sikkeima)