What exactly is the metaverse, and how can marketers take advantage of this emerging new world? Be the first to access insights from the top minds in marketing for seven key trends marketers can use to dive into the metaverse with ICUC’s first Metaverse E-Book.
In this e-book, readers will receive:
- Definitions of the various pathways within the metaverse to find inspiration
- Historical insights and real-time examples of brands in the metaverse
- Actionable steps to get your brand involved and see results right now
Ready To Up Your Metaverse Knowledge?
Why Brands Should Choose the Metaverse
First… a definition of the metaverse to provide some context.
WIRED reporter Eric Ravenscraft recommends: “To help you get a sense of how vague and complex a term ‘the metaverse’ can be, here’s an exercise to try: Mentally replace the phrase ‘the metaverse’ in a sentence with ‘cyberspace.’ Ninety percent of the time, the meaning won’t substantially change. That’s because the term doesn’t really refer to any one specific type of technology, but rather a broad shift in how we interact with technology.”
As the COVID-19 pandemic caused more people to stay at home for both work and social life, the metaverse capabilities have rapidly expanded. Consider:
- According to eMarketer, 58.9 million people (17.7% of the U.S. population) are expected to have used VR at least once per month in 2021.
- In 2021, 93.3 million people (28.1% of the U.S. population) are estimated to have used AR at least once per month.
- According to the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), a record number of people played video games in the U.S. in 2021. The ESA reports 67% of American adults and 76% of kids are gamers.
- VR headset unit sales are expected to grow from 4.93 million in 2020 to 1.43 billion in 2024.
- Current teleconference capabilities enable hundreds of participants to join a single meeting.
We’re already in a world where an increasing number of people are interacting with coworkers and peers in the metaverse. Technologies like 6G, edge computing and advanced cloud computing and blockchain developments will enhance current metaverse capabilities. But we’re already in a world where an increasing number of people are more frequently interacting with coworkers and peers in “the metaverse.” For marketers, the evolving metaverse provides new opportunities. Join us to find to find out.