Another day, another exciting Facebook update. This time, the social network is focusing on mobile-friendly features for your Facebook profile: a new profile picture video!
With five key updates made this week, Facebook is giving users greater control over content showcased on their profile.
Take a look at these improvements:
- The option to pin Featured Photos to the top of your profile
- Temporary profile pictures
- Easier visibility controls for ‘About’ info, including a new 100 character bio field
- A mobile-centric design with centered profile photos, plus big sections for photos and friends
- The ability to use a 7-second looping video as your profile picture (reminisicent of the new Apple iOS Live Photos that allow capture of 1.5 seconds before and after photos in the form of video that can be viewed as desired)
Only a small number of iPhone users in the U.K. and California will have access to the new features, but they’ll roll out widely soon. This gives you plenty of time to work on that animated Facebook profile picture video!